CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
The Kastrop Group, Inc. Architects is an award-winning architectural firm founded in 1994. Our office is located within walking distance of beautiful downtown Redwood City with on-site employee parking. We do a wide range of residential, commercial, and public projects. We are a certified green business, A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau, and highly ranked on a variety of social media sites. Though we are a small-size firm, we are highly successful. We provide benefits including employer paid medical insurance, employer-paid retirement program eligibility after 3 years of employment, profit-sharing bonus program, a professional development program, paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays. We allow flexibility in work schedules and the possibility of telecommuting days after training is complete. We offer competitive salary, dependent on relevant job experience. The Kastrop Group is an equal opportunity employer.
FULL TIME : COMPUTER AIDED DRAFTING (CAD) PROFESSIONAL
Here’s what you will bring to our team:
- Drafting proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
- 3-D graphics experience is a plus.
- Architectural or design education and training is very helpful, but not required.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and ability to double-check your own work is required.
- Experience with the California Building Code is preferred.
- Must be willing and able to visit construction sites.
- We are looking for someone who lives in the Bay Area and is fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
Here’s what you’ll be responsible for:
- Visit project sites (with another team member) for measurements.
- Draft existing conditions site plans, floor plans and elevations.
- Assist in the preparation of working drawings and construction documents.
- Draft from sketches, layouts, renderings, and CAD drawings prepared by others into accurate as
built or permit documents.
- Transpose sketched details, sections, and notes to working drawing sheets.
- Prepare door, window, finish, and fixture schedules.
- Learn and maintain our office CAD standards, specifications, details, and reference files.
Please submit a resume’ and portfolio or work examples to email@example.com.